Due increasing cases of fake PAN cards, on 27th July State finance minister, Mr. Santosh Kumar Gangwar took big decisions where they have deactivated 11.5 lakh PAN card which found a fake. There are many cases were found where the government has found fake PAN cards i.e. when PAN card allowed to non-existing persons when PAN card issued to fake identities of people when one person has multiple Pan cards etc. Well, now if you are having multiple PAN cards then you might found invalid status on your PAN card. If you are not sure about your PAN card validity then you can easily check it online for which you simply have to follow below-mentioned steps
How to check PAN card validity status
- To check the validity status you have to visit official Income TAX e-filing website i.e. http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ where you can also, now click on “know your PAN” link that you can find in the left side bar of the website.
- After clicking on the link you will be redirected to another page of the website where you will find a form where you have to fill the details that are asked here that includes name, status, gender and mobile number. Where you have to fill information that you have mentioned while apply for pan card online or offline, after filing all the details on click on Submit button.
- Now you will get a unique generated OTP code on your registered mobile number.
- If the portal found multiple PAN card on your name then you will be asked more questions.
- After filing all the details you will be able to check your PAN card validity status.
Hope above-mentioned steps will help you to find the status of your PAN card validity it is not necessary your PAN can be deactivated only if you are having multiple PAN card. So, check your PAN card once to make sure about its validity.