Atal Pension Yojana is a government pension programme designed by the Government of India. This programme aimed at the unorganised sector of India. In February 2015, Atal Pension Yojana was originally accounted in the budget speech by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. But it can into practising after the announcement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 9th May in Kolkata. According to the research, as of May 2015, only eleven percent of India’s population has any kind of pension programme. The main objective of Atal Pension Yojana programme is to increase this ratio.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said in his budget speech of 2015-16 “As our young population ages, it is also going to be pension-less. Encouraged by the success of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, I propose to work towards creating a universal social security system for all Indians that will ensure that no Indian citizen will have to worry about illness, accidents or penury in old age”. With this thought, Government of Indian launched National Pension Scheme, the Atal Pension Yojana to bring pension benefits to people of the unorganised sector so that they can relish social security with the lowest endowment per month.
If you do not have a bank account
If you do not have any bank account then first you need to open a bank account by submitting the Know Your Customer (KYC) document and Aadhar card. After that, He/she is eligible for applying Atal Pension Yojana Details Scheme.
Outline of Atal Pension Yojana
In Atal Pension Yojana, is specially designed for the welfare of unorganised sector of India. It’s every contribution made to the pension fund, the Central Government would also contribute Fifty percent of the total contribution or thousand rupees per year. The minimum age of joining Atal Pension Yojana is 18-year-old and maximum is 40 years. Most of the private sectors do not offer pension benefits, therefore, People who work in the private companies or in an institute that does not give them the facility of pension can apply for this fruitful scheme. They can select for a fixed pension of thousand rupees or Two -Thousand rupees or Three – Thousand rupees or Four – Thousand rupees or Five – Thousand rupees on completing the age of sixty. The money of contribution and the individual’s age will prompt the pension. The wife of the contributor can claim the pension the death of him and after the spouse’s death, the nominee will be returned the whole accompany.
Pension Funds Regulatory Authority of India (PFRDA) manages the amount that is collected under the programme of Atal Pension Yojana. Individual applicants will have no choice of investment allotment or pension amount.
Advantage of Atal Pension Yojana
The Atal Pension Yojana brings a ray hope for the people unorganised sector. It will escort assured future to ageing Indians while at the same time boost the culture of savings and investment among the lower and lower-middle-class part of the society. One of the biggest benefits of the Atal Pension Yojana will be enjoyed by the poverty-stricken sections of society. The government of India has determined to contribute fifty percent of the user’s contribution or Rs 1,000 a year for duration of five years. These contributions will, however, the person who is not an income taxpayer can take the advantage of this scheme and also who join this scheme before 31 December 2015.
Necessary Document for Atal Pension Yojana
The necessary document for applying in Atal Pension Yojana is Aadhaar card. It is helpful in the identification of the person, his age, wife and permanent address. Identification saves them from identification related disputes in the long-term. The contributor needs to opt for a monthly pension off. Thousand rupees to Five thousand rupees and make sure the specified monthly amount will contribute regularly. The contributor has rights to decrease or increase his pension amount during the course of amassment phase, as per the accessible monthly pension amounts. You can change your option once in a year during the month of April. Atal Pension Yojana programme will be connected to the bank accounts that were created on behalf of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana and the monthly amount will be deducted automatically. Initially, most of these accounts opened with zero balance. The government motives are to minimise the number of such zero balance accounts by using this Government Yojana .
Who is Eligible for Atal Pension Yojana
The Government Pension Yojana called Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is started for all Indians between the age of 18 and 40. Under this programme, individual has to contribute for at least twenty years before enjoying the benefits of the programme. Any person who have a bank account and who is not a member of any Government social security scheme can take the advantage of this scheme. All the members of the ‘Swavalamban Yojana NPS Lite’ programme will automatically shift to the Atal Pension Yojana. Swavalamban Yojana is replaced by the Atal Pension Yojana because it did not receive that much popularity across the country.
How to Enroll for Atal Pension Yojana
To enrol for the Atal Pension Yojana, an account holder must fill agreement form and give it to his/her bank. In this form, you have to fill all the require details like account number, wife name and nominee details, and rights for auto debit of the contribution amount. After enrolment in the Atal Pension Yojana, account holders must maintain the sufficient amount in the account every month. If you fail to maintain the minimum amount in the bank account then it will cause monthly fine of –
The amount of one rupee for the monthly contribution up to Rs. 100
The amount of two rupees for monthly contribution between Rs. 101 and Rs. 500
The amount of Five rupees for monthly contribution between Rs. 501 and Rs. 1,000
Amount of Ten rupees for monthly contribution beyond Rs 1,001
What happens If Amount is Not Deposited towards the Atal Pension Yojana Scheme
1. If you fail to deposit contribution amount for six months, then the holder’s account will be frozen
2. If you fail to deposit contribution amount for 12 months, then the holder’s account will be deactivated
3. If you fail to deposit contribution amount for 24 months, then the holder’s account will be closed
If you do not have a bank account
If you do not have any bank account then first you need to open a bank account by submitting the KYC document and Aadhar card. After that, He/she is eligible for applying Atal Pension Yojana
Exiting the Atal Pension Yojana Programme
You cannot quit the Atal Pension Yojana under the ordinary situation. A person who has sign up for the Atal Pension Yojana will not be able to quit this programme before the age of 60, when the subscriber died only then exiting of scheme is possible.
Application Form for Atal Pension Yojana
You can download the atal pension yojana application form from the given link http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/FORMS-APY.aspx. The forms are available in different languages such as English, Hindi,Bangla, Gujarati, Odia, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu and Tamil.
Atal Pension Yojana Programme Launched Across the Country
The Atal Pension Scheme and many other schemes were launched all over India on 9 May 2015 concurrently by Union and Chief Ministers. “According to a statement by the Finance Ministry of India, as many as 30 lakh subscribers have registered themselves under APY as on June 30, 2016, and nearly 5,000 new subscribers are added every day”.
Recent Changes in Atal Pension Yojana
1. The Government of India decided to extend the benefit of the Atal Pension Yojana via Post Offices all over the country so that more people can take the benefit of this pension scheme. The execution of this programme through post offices is expected to be more beneficial for the people in rural areas.
2. In March 2016, the government of Indian made some changes in the scheme’s provisions to give the contributor’s wife an option to continue contributing to the account for the balance period of the premature death of the contributor.
3. In the budget of 2015-16, the Government India extricates Rs 100 crore towards its co-contribution for Atal Pension Yojana.
4. If you do not have any bank account then first you have to open a bank account by submitting all necessary documents and Aadhar card. After that, He/she is eligible for applying Atal Pension Yojana
5. The Income Tax department of India announces that the contributions to the Atal Pension Yojana are now applicable for the same tax welfare as the National Pension System. The tax benefits include an additional deduction of Rs 50,000 under section 80CCD which is introduced in the budget of 2015 year.
6. On August 19, 2016, The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India tie up with the Atal Pension Yojana programme with the bank’s core banking system to increase the reach of this scheme in every part of the country. With this integration, a contributor can enrol with his/her saving accounts. It will make enrolment process easy and hassle-free. Now customers can register online with the help of net-banking, no need to submit physical forms to the bank from now on.
National Toll-Free Number – 1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001