Digital locker has abolished the need for carrying your driving licence and registration certificate while driving. Yes, now you can keep driving license and registration certificate in Digital Locker and drive with soft copy of your DL and RC as from 7october 2016 onward digital locker mobile application helps you in spot verification,
One more important page has been added in the book of the history of transforming India which leads our prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream of Digital India. The days will soon be disappeared when you have to carry hard copies of driving licence and registration certificate, changing clothes or leaving DL and RC at home can cost you a big penalty but now by keeping your DL and RC in the digital locker you can save yourself from the big bad dream of paying challan money.
This is a big good for all Indians, In an attempt to move forward towards digital system the ministry of road transport and highways on Wednesday 7 oct 2016 launched initiative wherein driving licence and vehicle registration certificate will be stored in a secured cloud based system digital locker. Having a soft copy of DL and RC in your Digilocker application will be considered as authenticated hardcopy that will help you in spot verification by traffic police.
Driving license and registration certificate in Digital Locker
This initiative of Digital licence jointly taken in Delhi by road transport and highways union minister Mr Nitin Gadkari and minister of IT and electronic Ravi Shankar Prasad.This scheme not only save Indian citizen from doing an office of forgetting original documents like driving licence and vehicle ownership certificate while driving but also decrease the rate of bribe and corruption. People can show their documents in the digital locker to traffic police for spot verifications. No other physical proof/document will be required.
All enforcement officer will also have this application to verify users seamlessly from the registered data provided by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Digital locker concept has been launched in July 2015 by India’s current Prime Minister Narendra Modi under Digital India programme. The success of this programme can be majored as according to statistics on September 1 https://digilocker.gov.in website has 21,26,332 registered active users with 24,11,702 uploaded documents in the digital form. Digital locker has issued over 4,26,73,232 documents.
How to add driving license and registration certificate in Digital Locker?
For adding you’re driving licence and registration certificate you have to follow some simple steps below
1. First, you have to sign up your account with by entering the mobile number, username, password and other details.
3. Now sign in your account with username and passwords
4. After signing in account your dashboard will appear on the screen
5. On top left side you will see plus symbol near “Issued Document” option click on plus significance
6. After clicking on the sign you will see “Pull Partner Documents” option click on this button
7. A new window will appear on screen with two option i.e. partner name and document type first click on the drop down menu of partner name select “Ministry of Road Transport and Highways” option. Then select document type licence or registration certificate.
8. After selecting document type you will see a new window with three option Name, Son / Wife / Daughter of, Driving License No fill all these information in the blocks.
9. Now click “Get document” button
This is how you can get your driving license and registration certificate in Digital Locker account. Having a digital driving licence and vehicle registration certification brings a number of benefits like you don’t have to carry an original or hard copy of documents with you. It will help you in spot verifications by traffic police. No tension of losing documents it will always store in the cloud you can use it from anywhere in the world. In short digital licence will bring big positive change in Indian citizens life. Hope this document will help you in to get your digital driving licence and registration certificate.