The citizens who possess an Aadhar card do not need to file their Income Tax return physically. The Electronic Verification of ITR-V through Aadhar card has been introduced by the Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT). Earlier, after electronically filling the ITR, the taxpayer had to post a signed copy of ITR-V to the Centralized Processing Center (CPC) in Bangalore. Now the Income Tax department has started the process of linking Permanent Account Number or PAN with Aadhar card as this will restrain the procedure of sending ITR-V to Centralized Processing Center (CPC) in Bangalore.
The process to Link Aadhaar Card to ITR can be done when the information like Name, Date of Birth, and Gender matches with the Aadhar card details. The Income Tax Department or the IT Department is required to validate the Name, Date of Birth, and gender as per the PAN card as mentioned in the PAN card as well as Aadhar card. In case any of the details do not match with each other, the linking process cannot be executed. After the process to link PAN card with Aadhar card is successfully carried out, it is practicable to E-Verify the return on the registered mobile number.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar Card to Income Tax Return:
The process to link Income Tax Return with your Aadhar card is quite convenient and simple. Follow these easy steps below to do so:
- Visit the official website of Income Tax return and login to Income Tax E-filling Portal
- Go to your “Profile settings” and
- Click on “Link Aadhar“
- Click on “Link now“
- Verify all the personal data like Name, Date of Birth, and Gender according to PAN card with Aadhar card.
- In case the information does not match, the process to link PAN card with Aadhar card will not be executed.
- If the validation is successful, the process to link PAN card with Aadhar card will be successfully executed.
- When you have uploaded the Income Tax Return (ITR) online on the Income Tax Portal, you will be given the following options to E-Verify your return:
- 1st Option – I already have an EVC to E-Verify my return.
- 2nd Option – I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to E-Verify my return.
- 3rd Option – I would like to generate Aadhar OTP to E-Verify my return.
- 4th Option – I would like to send ITR-V/I would like to E-Verify later.
- Select the “3rd Option – I would like to generate Aadhar OTP to E-Verify my return.” To E-Verify return using your Aadhar card.
- In case the taxpayer’s PAN card and Aadhar card are already linked, a One Time Password or OTP will be generated and will be received as a text message on the registered mobile number with Aadhar card. This OTP will be used to E-Verify the uploaded return.
- After entering the correct OTP, the portal will display a message “Return Successfully E-Verified. Download the acknowledgement.” The acknowledgement will be sent to the registered Email Address. It can also be downloaded by clicking on “Download Acknowledgement.”
There will be no need to send a physical copy of ITR-V to CPC in Bangalore after completing this process.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.