In the previous articles, we have learned about different facet related to Voter ID cards like basic understanding, registration process, voter list etc. Now here we are going to have a look at the process to check voter ID status online. As we know if you have completed your 18 years then only you are eligible to cast your votes in the favor of your favorite candidates and to participate in the process of the election you must have voter ID card. In two conditions you require checking voter ID card status when to first time applied for the voter ID card and or you applied for some correction. Traditionally it is quite difficult to track the voter card status but now you can easily check election card status online by following some easy steps that are mentioned below:
How to check voter ID status?
There are different methods available with which we can easily check voter id online status and also track the progress status of our application. Below we have mentioned different means to check election ID card status
Steps to online voter id card status
- First log on to http://www.nvsp.in/ National voter service portal where you will see the option “Track application status” with Click Here Button, click on the button.
- Now you will be redirected to another page of website i.e. http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus where you will see a block box with “Track status button”. In the box, you have to enter your reference ID that you have received at the time of registration.
- After entering your reference ID click on “Track Status” button.
- Your voter ID status will appear on the screen.
Steps to check voter ID correction Status
If you find any mistake on the voter ID card or if you want to change the address on voter ID you can fill the form – 8 to apply for address change in voter ID card. In order to request corrections in voter ID card, you need to have required documents like photo proof, new address proof, photograph etc. If you are applying offline then you have to submit hard copies of documents and soft copies for online process. It takes 2 – 3 weeks to process the correction but you can see the Voter ID Correction Status online from the day you have applied by following steps
- First, visit official National voter service portal – http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus which is created to provide information related to voter ID
- You will find a box where you need to enter the unique combination of numbers and letters i.e. your reference ID in the block with proper format make sure you are entering the right reference ID in the block.
- Now click on the Track status button that is available just after blank box.
- You will see your voter ID Correction Status. If your application is in under process mode you will see a pending status or you will see updated correction information of Voter ID Card
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.