The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has clearly instructed banks to provide the facility of linking bank accounts with Aadhar card. As Aadhar card is an individualized identification system that contains all personal information and basic contact details of a citizen, it is very helpful in availing benefits and services announced by government of India. It has been decided by government of India to introduce a system of linking Aadhar card to various documents to make all governmental schemes more convenient, like linking of bank accounts with Aadhar card.
The concept behind this procedure is to credit the amount from benefits and schemes by government directly into the bank accounts of the cardholders. If you have an account in the ICICI bank you can link your account to Aadhar card effortlessly. The procedure to link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account can be done online as well as offline. If you already have registered for internet banking you may go ahead with the online procedure, if not then there is also an offline method available.
Procedure to link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Account Online:
In case you have internet banking enabled then it is comparably more convenient and effortless and you may easily be able to link your bank account with your Aadhar card online with no need to leave your home, just follow these simple steps given below:
- Visit ICICI Bank official website.
- Login to the internet banking using your username and password.
- Go to the Customer Service, then find “Service Requests“.
- After this you will see “Bank Account Service Requests” and “Account Details” under it.
- In this section you will find a Modification Related tab and then “Request for updating Aadhar number in Savings Account“.
- Enter Aadhar details.
- Click on “Submit“.
Your Aadhar card shall be linked with your bank account after successful execution of this procedure.You shall be notified by a text message or SMS on your registered mobile number or an email on your registered email address.
Procedure to link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Account Offline:
This procedure is for citizens who do not have their internet banking enabled or would prefer this method due to any reason, anyways, all you need to do is follow theseeasy steps given below to link your ICICI bank account with your Aadhar card:
- Keep your Aadhar card along with a photocopy of your Aadhar card ready and accessible.
- Download the Aadhar card linking form number 3. Click here to download
- Keep your Bank Passbook accessible for the information.
- Fill the form accordingly and with appropriate information.
- Enter your Aadhar number correctly.
- Enter the bank account details as visible in the passbook.
- Visit a branch of ICICI bank and submit the properly filled out form along with a photocopy of your Aadhar card or E-Aadhar, whichever is conveniently available to you.
- The bank officials will accept the form and move it ahead for verification.
Upon successful verification of your information and documents, your ICICI bank account will be linked to your Aadhar card. You will be notified by a text message or SMS on your registered mobile number or an email on your registered email address.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks:
Axis Bank Aadhaar Link
SBI Aadhar Link
HDFC bank Aadhar Link
UBI Aadhar Link
Dena Bank Aadhar Link
Vijaya Bank Aadhar Link
Bank of Maharashtra Aadhar Link
Corporation Bank Aadhaar Link
Andhra Bank Aadhaar Link
IOB Aadhar Link
Allahabad Bank Aadhaar Link
Oriental bank Aadhar Link
UCO bank Aadhaar Link