There may be a chance of any information in your Aadhar card getting entered incorrectly, or you might change your address, get married and change your name, in such scenarios you might want to get the latest information on your Aadhar card and it is possible to update or correct your information on Aadhar card by visiting the UIDAI’s official website and downloading the Aadhar Card Correction Form or aadhar card correction online without mobile number. The correctly filled out form can be submitted through post to the addresses written on the form. There is another option available to citizens of submitting the application online and attaching the appropriate supportive documents. You can choose the mode of submitting the form according to your convenience. Hereby you can read, How to download duplicate aadhar card copy online.
Contents of Aadhar Card Correction Form
The form for correction or update on Aadhar card is meant for citizens to update or correct any information which is misswritten in their Aadhar card or is changed since they first applied for their Aadhar card. Keep in mind that it is compulsory to provide your registered mobile number to update or correct any information of your details in the Aadhar card. This form is available to be downloaded online from the official website of UIDAI from this link https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
The Aadhaar Card Correction Form includes following sections which are necessary to be filled out by the applicant:
- Field for Update/Correction –You need to select the field you have to get updated or corrected. These fields are:
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Email Address
- You could select more than one field according to your case of update or correction.
- Aadhar Number – You need to enter your 12 digits Aadhar number in the space provided.
- Thereafter the fields are needed to be filled in English as well as your local language. The fields are given below:
- Name of the Cardholder.
- Gender – Select either Male, female or Transgender.
- Address or C/O Details – Choose from C/O, D/O, S/O, W/O, H/O
- Name of the Parent/Guardian/Spouse
- Name or number of the House or Building/Apartment.
- Name of the Street/Road/Lane
- Name of the Landmark
- Name of the Area/Locality/Sector
- Name of the Village/Town/City
- Name of the District
- Post Office Number
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number – It is compulsory to enter your registered mobile number in this field.
- Email ID –Enter your Email Address if you choose to.
- The section after this is the Documents details section, and you will need to fill out the names of the supportive documents you are going to attach along with the application. Refer to the Annexure 1 of the form to know the list of valid documents. There are four sections to fill, which are mentioned below:
- POI or proof of Identity for correction in name.
- POI or proof of identity for change of name.
- DOB for correction in date of birth.
- POA or proof of address for correction or change in address.
- When you have filled out all these fields with relevant information, you will need to sign the form or provide a thumbprint to formally state the authenticity of the information you have provided.
There are two addresses mentioned in the bottom area of the form. You could send the completely filled out form to any of the following addresses:
UIDAI Post Box Number 10 Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh 480001, India
UIDAI Post Box Number 99 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034, India
Do’s and Don’ts of Filling the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form
- It is very important to fill out your information in the form using only capital letters.
- The form must be filled out completely, regardless of any field for updating and correcting.
- It is also compulsory to provide your registered mobile number correctly, in order to carry out the procedure for updation and correction
- The form is only meant to be sent through postal services.
- It is essential that the language you use to fill the information shall be English along with your local language which was used while enrolling for the Aadhar card.
- Make sure that the details you are filling in are latest and not comprised of any old or invalid information.
- The full name of the cardholder must include only the name, middle name and last name, with no title or salutation like Mr./Dr./Col etc.
- Assure that your address is completely entered without any words or details missing, and the name of the resident is necessary to be mentioned clearly below the signature or thumbprint.
- The documents that are to be attached must be one of the approved supportive documents and any unnecessary documents shall not be sent.Like if you wish to correct your date of birth, do not send any proof of address or identity proof along with your Date of Birth documents.
- The entry of any incorrect information in any terms will not be suitable of acceptance and will surely result in rejection.