The Aadhar card is gaining raise in terms of its importance to assist in many governmental procedures. As Aadhar card is an individualized identification system which holds the necessary personal information and basic contact details of a citizen, it is very advantageous in obtaining benefits and services announced by government of India. Hence the Government of India has announced the program of linking Aadhar card to different documents to make all governmental schemes more convenient, including the most important scheme to link of bank accounts with Aadhar card.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has precisely instructed all the banks in India to start a provision of the facility to link bank accounts with Aadhaar card. The intent of this program is to easily credit the amount from benefits and schemes by government directly into the bank accounts of the cardholders avoiding any sort of complications. If you have an account in the Axis bank you may link your account to Aadhar card effortlessly. The procedure to link a bank account with Aadhar card can be done online as well as offline. If you already have registered for internet banking you may go ahead with the online procedure, if not then there is also an offline method available.
Procedure to link Aadhaar to Axis Bank Account Online:
All the banks have attempted to make this procedure simplified for the users as it has become a necessary initiative. To link your Axis bank account with your Aadhar card follow the simple steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Axis bank and under Explore Products, Click on “Link Your Aadhar Card“.
- Now you will be landed on Axix bank useful links page, where you will find complete details to link Aadhar Card with Axis Bank via Different ways as by ATM, SMS, Internal Banking, Phone Banking Center (PBC), Website and Branch. As here we will choose Website to link Aadhar with Axis Bank Account Online, So we find “Website – Click Here” option there and hit on “Click Here” as shown image below.
- Now you will be redirected to new page “Welcome to Axis Bank Aadhar Card Registration“.
- Enter your ‘Customer ID‘ and ‘Account number‘ on the box
- Enter your details correctly.
- Click on “Submit” Button or you can click on “Reset” button if you want to reenter details.
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhar number (UID) and proceed.
Your Axis bank account will be linked to your Aadhar card after successful execution of this process. You shall receive a notification on your registered mobile number and email address informing you of the successful execution.
Procedure to link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account Offline:
If you can pay a visit to a nearby branch of Axis bank, follow the steps given below to link your Axis bank account with your Aadhar card:
- Download the application form from here.
- Get the form printed out.
- Fill the form with all the appropriate information correctly.
- Submit the form at your branch along with a photocopy of your Aadhar card.
Your Axis bank account will now be linked to your Aadhar card upon successful verification and execution of the procedure and you shall receive a notification on your registered mobile number or email address informing you the same.
Procedure to link Axis Bank Account with Aadhar Card by SMS:
The accountholder’s of Axis bank can also link their accounts with Aadhar card by sending a text message or SMS from their registered mobile number, follow the steps given below:
- Type an SMS “Aadhar < Aadhar number > AC < Last 6 digits of A/C number >” to 5676782.
- For example if your Aadhar number is 123456781234 and 123456 are the last 6 digits of your account number, the SMS would be:
- Aadhar 123456781234 AC 123456
After sending this SMS your request will be processed you shall receive a notification upon the completion of this process.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks:
ICICI Aadhar Link
SBI Aadhar Link
HDFC bank Aadhar Link
UBI Aadhar Link
Dena Bank Aadhar Link
Vijaya Bank Aadhar Link
Bank of Maharashtra Aadhar Link
Corporation Bank Aadhaar Link
Andhra Bank Aadhaar Link
IOB Aadhar Link
Allahabad Bank Aadhaar Link
Oriental bank Aadhar Link
UCO bank Aadhaar Link
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.