The Aadhar card is an individualized identification system that contains all personal information and basic contact details of a citizen, it is very helpful in availing benefits and services announced by government of India. It has been decided by government of India to introduce a system of linking Aadhar card to various documents to make all governmental schemes more convenient, like link bank accounts with Aadhar card.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has clearly instructed banks to provide the facility of linking bank accounts with Aadhar card. The concept behind this procedure is to credit the amount from benefits and schemes by government directly into the bank accounts of the cardholders. If you have an account in The State Bank of India you can link your account to Aadhar card effortlessly. There are four ways to carry out this procedure, it can be done by the online method, offline method, through ATM channels and by SMS method.
Procedure for Aadhar Card link to SBI Bank Account online:
The online procedure of SBI Aadhaar Link is quite convenient, you will need access to a computer and internet and have your internet banking enabled. In case you have your internet banking enabled and want to link your SBI account with your Aadhar card online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of SBI
- Click on the “Link your Aadhar number” from the left side menu that you will find under “My account” tab.
- You will be redirected to the Aadhar registration page.
- Select your account number and enter your Aadhar number.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- You will receive a One Time Password or OTP as a text message on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP correctly.
- Click on “Submit” button..
You will see a success message and after the bank approves your request, the process to link your bank account with Aadhar card will be successful.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account by Branch Channel:
There are cases of accountholders who haven’t yet enabled their internet banking and aren’t interested to go with the online procedure due to some reason to link their bank account with Aadhar card. They have the option to visit a branch of SBI for linking, follow these steps given below if you want to link your bank account with Aadhar card by visiting a SBI branch:
- Keep your original Aadhar card as well as a photocopy of the same attested. Also keep your SBI passbook accessible.
- Download the Aadhar linking form from here or the SBI portal.
- Fill your Branch name, Address, your Account number, Aadhar number, you Name, Address according to Aadhar card.
- Attach the copy of your Aadhar card to the form.
- Visit a SBI branch where you have your account.
- Submit the application form with the photocopy of Aadhar card attached to the bank official.
- You will need to present your original Aadhar card to let the bank official verify the photocopy.
- The bank official will sign the application and accept it.
After completion of the process you will receive a notification on your registered mobile number informing you the status of your application.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account through ATM Channel:
In case you do not have a SBI branch nearby or are unable to visit the branch due to some reason, you can carry out the linking procedure by an ATM, which is nearby to your location and conveniently accessible to you, and follow these easy steps given below to link your SBI account with your Aadhar card:
- Access any SBI ATM nearby to your location.
- Insert or Swipe the SBI ATM card.
- Enter your ATM Pin Code to start next process.
- Select the menu “Service Registration“.
- Select “Aadhar Registration” in this menu.
- Select your account type and then enter your Aadhar number twice.
You shall receive the confirmation call from bank in a few days upon successful completion of the process and linking of your bank account with Aadhar card.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account by SMS:
If you want to link your SBI account with your Aadhar card by simply sending a text message or SMS, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Type a text message UID < Aadhar Number >< Account Number > and Send this SMS to 567676.
- If you have registered your mobile number with your bank, you will receive a text message or SMS informing you the confirmation of the linking or seeding request.
- The verification of your Aadhar number by bank with UIDAI will occur. If the verification is unsuccessful you will receive a SMS to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhar number or E-Aadhar.
- If you have not registered your mobile number or in case the Aadhar is already linked with your account, you will be notified by a SMS.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks:
ICICI Aadhar Link
Axis Bank Aadhaar Link
HDFC bank Aadhar Link
UBI Aadhar Link
Dena Bank Aadhar Link
Vijaya Bank Aadhar Link
Bank of Maharashtra Aadhar Link
Corporation Bank Aadhaar Link
Andhra Bank Aadhaar Link
IOB Aadhar Link
Allahabad Bank Aadhaar Link
Oriental bank Aadhar Link
UCO bank Aadhaar Link